Chocolate. Bacon. Literally two of my favorite things. Putting them together? Ingenius. Benjamin Steakhouse whips up Chocolate Covered Bacon, served only on Valentine’s Day, and lucky for us, they’ve shared the recipe! What better way to enjoy Valentine’s Day this year than whipping up your own with your significant other? It’s the perfect combo between savory and sweet, just like a relationship.
Chocolate-covered Canadian Bacon
With Cinnamon and Cayenne Pepper
2 slices of extra-thick Canadian Bacon
1 cups of melted chocolate (made with Semi-sweet chocolate morsels)
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
Powdered sugar, to top
1) In a double-broiler, melt chocolate morsels. If you do not have a double broiler, simply boil water in a medium-sized pot, then place the chocolate morsels into a smaller sauce pan and place it in the larger pan to melt.
2) Stir in cinnamon and cayenne pepper
3) Place Canadian bacon in a rack and broil for about 3 minutes on each side.
4) Remove Bacon from broiler and pat with a paper towel to remove the oil.
5) With a spoon, coat both sides of the Canadian Bacon with chocolate mixture.
6) Place in a lightly buttered pan, and add to broiler for about a minute.
7) Remove, sprinkle with powdered sugar, slice and enjoy!
Twisted Talk: Are you going out or staying in for Valentine’s Day? What’s your favorite bacon recipe? Discuss below!